Monday 2 November 2009

Coraline down a lane: daily outfit #3



Blouse: Uniqlo
Cardigan: Coraline, my own work
Belt: Topshop
Skirt: Radio Days vintage shop, Lower Marsh, London SE1
Shoes: Office vintage

Looking at myself squinting into the afternoon sunlight, I'm still not entirely sure about this outfit - is it a little too busy? It was an attempt to pick on some of the many delectable colours in this skirt (close-up below). I made Coraline a little on the cropped side, which makes it the ideal partner to anything high-waisted. This cardigan is a bit of an autumnal winner, warm yet lightweight.

I am so in love with the print of this skirt, in particular those little outlined, uncoloured flowers, hinting perhaps at a forgetful botanist wandering off for a cup of tea from a thermos and leaving this sketch unfinished.



3 comments:

  1. I think it's a lovely outfit - not too busy at all. The shoes and belt are such lovely touches. I am really loving Uniqlo for basics at the moment - I sort of didn't know it existed until about 2 weeks ago... and now I'm getting quite well acquainted, heh.
    I live 5 minutes from Radio Days and have somehow never been in - this must change! I think I might pop in this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt and Coraline are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I have so much respect for your work. I call myself a "two-day-project-girl." Cuz if it takes longer than two days to finish, I don't. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I adore reading them! I shall endeavour to reply (in comment form), so do check back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails