Tuesday 17 August 2010

Jock the Sock and Steve the Sleeve

I have been having a super busy month performing in and reviewing shows at the Edinburgh fringe. In whatever little pockets of time I can find, I whip Jock the Sock out of my bag.


I'm just starting the gusset decreases on the second sock, and I am very much looking forward to having toasty toes this winter!

In slightly more capacious pockets of time, I have been working on Steve the Sleeve:



Steve is all that stands between me and completion of my Kingscot cardigan, which has been meekly hibernating for months.


It has been a long time since I completed a cardigan or jumper - I seem to have been knitting industrial quantities of lace of late - and I have rather missed the feeling of creating a new garment (as opposed to accessory). I have got my eye on several sweater patterns, including the aforementioned Buttercup (ravlink), and several of Kate Davies designs (Manu, and the hopefully forthcoming Tortoise and Hare).

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about making garments, but so often I end up turning to accessories. I have queued Manu too, can't wait to get started on it. I adore the blue of the cardigan, it's gorgeous x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I adore reading them! I shall endeavour to reply (in comment form), so do check back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails