Wednesday 28 October 2009

Audrey and Updates



I'm afraid there's no daily outfit for today, as I can't find a photographer. I have ordered a tripod, though, so will soon be able to capture my own vanity!

In the meantime, here are a couple of shots of my latest cardigan project, Audrey in Unst by Gudrun Johnston. I had been searching for a while for a pattern that would look good in black, and this definitely does. Incidentally, the yarn I am using is a rich, full-bodied black (called 'Liquorice'), as opposed to the half-arsed charcoal suggested by the photo above - closer to this:




This will be the first of the six sweaters I pledged to knit before buying more yarn. So far I have been surprised at my success in this vow. Not only have I stopped stashing like a yarn squirrel preparing for an especially harsh winter, but I have also really enjoyed thinking of creative ways to use all the yarn I already own.

On the subject of pledges, I have been woefully inadequate at mentioning my Year of Selfish Knits, but here too I have been doing rather well. I have not made a single thing for anyone else, and have been revelling in all the lovely knits I get to keep. This project was born out of a question I get asked a lot: 'Oh, you knit? Did you knit that?'; I am very happy that now my answer is almost always a resounding 'Yes!'

2 comments:

  1. Hi Guilia! This is going to be an amazing garment! Can't wait to see it completed. I don't really know how to knit, but totally plan to learn how some day soon (part of my bid for near-as-damn-it-self sufficiency), I think the bit that scares me the most though is after all that hard work, what if it doesn't fit very well? One of the things I like about sewing is you have a certain amount of damage limitation by having a few mid-way fittings, can you do that with knitted things? Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Zoe, thanks so much for your interesting comment - I think I will endeavour to answer it in a full blog post, so check back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I adore reading them! I shall endeavour to reply (in comment form), so do check back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails