Monday, 16 March 2009


The Year of Selfish Knits got off to a flying start...
I came across Owls on Ravelry and fell in love. What could be a more appropriate garment for a student than one with the avian symbol of wisdom clustered round the shoulders?

I ogled the pattern for a while, and mentally knit it in plethora of different yarns. At last I settled on the one it had been designed for, Rowan Purelife British Sheep in Steel Grey Suffolk. I loved the sturdy softness of the fabric it produced, and the subtle natural variations in colour. 

What with being at home in Edinburgh for a week with nothing much else to do, this fairly rattled off my needles. I cast on on Monday afternoon, and by Friday evening it was finished and blocking. Today the owls had their first outing, to Dean Gardens where these photos were taken.

I totally love this, and can't quite believe I made it! I'm so glad it's still chilly enough to wear it.
Hoot hoot!


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Year of selfish knitting? Then I will never be the proud recipient of a woolly item :(.

    Nice jumper, though. Looking hot (literally).

    Patrick x

  3. I am knitting this now and decided on the same yarn. You did a great job knitting it and it looks wonderful on you.

  4. Giulia, just saw this and thought of you!


  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! recently found your blog and your work is amazing...and I love the drop stitches not bombs title. I'll be back often! :)


Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I adore reading them! I shall endeavour to reply (in comment form), so do check back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails